Polaris Sports Nets Exclusive NFT Deal Featuring Global Football Giants in Partnership with Zilliqa
Leading athlete commercial rights representation firm, Polaris Sports announced that it has partnered with Zilliqa, the high-performance blockchain platform to create and release exclusive non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for 10 global football champions. These NFTs feature the likes of world-renowned striker Diego Costa and South American superstar James Rodríguez who has played for Real Madrid CF, Everton FC, and Colombia’s national football team. The collection will be dropping on June 6, 2021.
Through this partnership between Zilliqa and Polaris, this co-created NFT collection will bring some of football’s leading talents greater autonomy and monetisation opportunities for their own personal brands. The NFT drop includes:
- Former Chelsea and Atlético Madrid striker Diego Costa;
- Everton F.C and Colombia national team midfielder James Rodríguez;
- Porto team captain and Portugal national team centre-back Pepe;
- Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Keylor Navas;
- Galatasaray forward and Colombia national team captain Radamel “El Tigre” Falcao;
- Liverpool F.C. and Portugal national team forward Diogo Jota;
- Atlético Madrid and Portugal national team forward João Félix;
- Wolverhampton Wanderers and Mexico national team forward Raúl Jiménez;
- Lille and Portugal national team midfielder Renato Sanches; and
- Manchester City F.C. and Portugal national team centre-back Rúben Dias.
- SUPERPACK, a single collectible featuring all 10 football stars with additional specially autographed digital card NFTs.
Each player’s NFT will be sold as an Individual Football Star Pack and will be available in three thematic colour variations—gold, copper, and steel—with 111 packs per colour, amounting to a total of 333 packs per player. Out of the 333 NFTs sold for each individual player, five buyers have the opportunity to potentially receive a signed jersey from the respective players. In addition, one fan will also have the chance to win the autographed boots or gloves belonging to the corresponding player of the pack they purchased. These autographed items were signed by the players themselves on-set during the shooting of the content for their NFTs. Each Individual Football Star Pack will be sold for US$3,500 per unit.
The 11th NFT product, dubbed the “SUPERPACK’’ consists of the NFTs of all 10 partner players, along with a specially autographed digital card NFTs available only in this particular pack. Limited to 999 copies, it will also come in the three aforementioned colour variations of gold, copper, and steel with 333 pieces per colour. SUPERPACK will be sold for US$20,000 per unit. Additionally, 3 purchasers of the SUPERPACK will get the chance to virtually meet three players and five of the 999 buyers will receive autographed jerseys from all 10 of the players in the NFT collection.
The specially produced NFT collection is inspired by traditional baseball cards as a digital, animated collectible that highlights notable player stats accompanied with unique graphics, player footage, and a personal video interview. As a collaborative undertaking, productions took place across Italy, Portugal and Singapore with on-location footage shot with the 10 football athletes across the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Portugal, and Turkey.
The collection is the first to be created via Zilliqa’s brand-new whitelabel NFT solution. Powered and secured by Zilliqa’s high-performance, high-security blockchain platform, the NFTs will be available for purchase on Zilliqa’s marketplace starting June 6, 2021.